Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 6, 2010

296.0

I attended a Weight Watchers meeting today and had my first week weigh-in. I've lost 4.4 pounds. Not too bad, huh? (Joseph has lost 6.8! I'm SO proud of him!)

I confess that I didn't stick to the WW plan 100% this past week. Joseph and I talked about it some, and we felt like stressing over sticking to the plan just wouldn't work for us. We knew that if we grew unhappy about our diet (lifestyle change?), we would just quit after a few weeks. We don't want that to happen.

So we decided to focus on one big change last week: planning ahead and preparing our meals at home. I'm convinced one of the main reasons we've both gained so much weight over the last year is because we relied pretty heavily on fast food. As of tonight, we will have prepared dinner at home 5 nights in a row, which is really good for us! We've also been packing lunch boxes every day with snacks and lunches. That works well for us.

I think our week 2 focus is going to be exercising. We went to the gym this evening, and we have passes for 4 more days for free. If it seems like something we could continue easily, I think we'll join.

Keep us in your prayers, please. We want to stick with it this time! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Keep it up!! And don't get discouraged when your lovely hubby loses more faster...that's just the way men are...the jerks. LOL j/k

    I'm so proud of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete