Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Good Hour

Joseph and I just returned from the gym. We've kind of sort of joined Pivotal Fitness. It offers everything we want/need, and we don't even really have to leave our neighborhood to reach our destination. Their facilities are really convenient for us.

We met with one of their managers yesterday after work, and we talked a little about our goals. It's a little difficult for me looking at someone and saying "I need to lose 150 pounds", but I know I'll never reach my goals if I'm not honest about them. If I had said something ridiculous like "I need to lose 20 pounds", he probably would have called me on the carpet anyway!

The manager told us it's a good idea to do about 7-10 minutes worth of cardio, then weights, then another 30-45 minutes of cardio. He said we'll achieve a better workout that way. So that's what we did today! Well, we did 7 minutes of cardio, weights, and then 20 minutes of cardio. I wussed out and didn't feel up to pushing myself through those last 10 minutes. Maybe next time we'll do 25 and then 30 the next time. We'll reach that point!

I feel really good right now. I know I just did a good thing for my body. I know I just honored the Lord with how I spent my time, because He has charged me with the task of caring for my earthly body. I also was able to spend some good, quality time with my husband. All in all, a good hour!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of your commitment to exercise. I am proud to have you as a daughter in law.

    ReplyDelete