Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 10 Weigh-In

Hi, everyone! Since I posted a lengthy update a few days ago, I thought I would keep this one somewhat brief. I'm typing on my phone to hold myself to that. :0)

First, Joseph and I are extremely excited! We're going on a mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico in June. We'll be working with an orphanage. As we know more, I'll share with you. Sadly, if I hadn't started losing weight, I probably would have ignored God's call to go. I just couldn't imagine being able to do it physically. I don't even know if I would have been able to fit in a seat on the plane. But, I'm now well on my way to being able to fit in a seat and to be able to endure physically what we're asked to do. 

We've decided to use our weight loss journey to raise money for our trip (we need $3400 total). You may recall that we give each other $10 when we lose 10 pounds. We've had a few people offer to match that as encouragement for us. We're extending that opportunity to all of you. If you'd like to pledge $10 for my next 10 pounds (or Joseph's or both), let me know. You can pledge for one round of 10 pounds or for every time I/we reach a 10 pound milestone. We'll be raising money through May, so you can jump in at any time. I think this would be a fun way for you to partner with us on our trip. 

Second, I weighed in today. I lost 3.9 pounds, bringing my total weight loss up to 33.9 pounds and my current weight down to 289.7 pounds. God is so good and faithful! I'm happy to report that He has helped me lose 10% of my starting weight. It feels so good to reach that milestone! Once I reach my goal weight, I will have lost 58% of my starting weight, so I only need to do what I've already done about 5 more times. That's not too bad! Right? Haha!

Thanks again for your support and encouragement. I really appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment