Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 8 Weigh-In

True story: I weighed in this morning and then spent the next 8 hours trying to lose a tenth of a pound. I tried desperately to have just enough "in" to motivate the "out". It's a delicate balance when one is trying to lose a tenth of a pound. Then I ate too many grapes, and the scale went up. Boo. 


All day long I obsessed over something I thought I could control, something I thought I could will into reality. I even hoped the blood I had drawn today weighed a tenth of a pound. I weighed as soon as I got home. The scale didn't budge. 

When I looked back over those 8 hours, my main accomplishments were reading 23% of The Hunger Games and scrolling through Pinterest. Obsessing over losing a tenth of a pound had cost me almost an entire day. 

Losing weight is more about me growing closer to the Lord than about the numbers on the scale shrinking. Today did not reflect that. Today reflected my monster want to achieve a weight loss goal. 

Today was evidence of why I needed God to draw me to Him and save me through Jesus. I am way too self-absorbed ever to recognize my need for Him. The Holy Spirit had to get my attention today. It's likely if I had succeeded in losing that tenth of a pound, I would have carried on in my self-centered frame of mind. Instead, the Holy Spirit reminded me that this is about Him and not about me. 

This is the part where I should tell you my heart is filled with joy and overflowing with thanksgiving because it doesn't matter that I didn't lose that tenth of a pound because Jesus is sweeter than the numbers on that scale. I choose not to lie on this blog. 

I KNOW that Jesus is sweeter, and I pray that day by day I will live my life like I know that. Today hasn't been one of those days. Instead, it's been a day that has reminded me how much I need the Holy Spirit to help me walk in step with Him. For that, I am truly thankful.

So, for those of you who are curious, I lost 5.4 pounds this week (proving I was indeed retaining water last week), bringing my total weight loss up to 29.9 pounds and my current weight down to 293.7 pounds. I really am thankful for the progress God has made and will continue to make in me. 

Thank you for your continued support. I really appreciate you! Oh! Thank you for praying when I told you I was discouraged about not seeing results. I'm starting to see them now, especially in my pants. I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. You are an encouragement to me. Love ya' girl - Heather

    ReplyDelete