Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My DTR with Fast Food


Dear Fast Food,

     You and I have spent many, many years getting to know one another. You know right when to call: when I'm busy, bored, sad, happy, celebrating, driving down the road, sitting on the couch, on my way to school, on my way home from school, on my way to church, on my way home from church. Let's just suffice it to say, you've got my number on speed dial.

     You know what I like: deep fried, greasy, cheesy, ooey, gooey, yummy, fast, convenient. And you usually give it to me, except at some of your establishments during their final hour of the day. But I've never held that against you.

     You've been a strong leader in my life. You led me to impulse eating. You led me to the mall to purchase clothing of a larger size. You led me to the doctor for blood pressure medication.

     You've been a constant friend and companion. Often, we've started our day together with breakfast in bed and ended our day together with a late night foodie call.

     Now, it's time I determine the relationship I have with you, and this DTR is long overdue.
   
     I will no longer answer to your beck and call. We will no longer see each other on a daily basis. Instead, we will be mere acquaintances, seeing each other only when absolutely necessary.

     You are being replaced in my life by Someone Who values me more than a super sized meal. He will care for me longer than it takes to order chicken tenders and a sweet tea in the drive-thru at lunchtime.

     So you can remove my number from your speed dial. You can prepare yourself for the sting of rejection when you tempt me. You are no longer my master.

Sincerely,
ChubbyChelle (For Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment