Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 4 Weigh In

This week in review:

  • Drinking water is becoming more consistent. I think I've been in the 6-8 glasses range most days this past week. Once I'm at 8 glasses a day consistently, I'm going to increase my daily goal.
  • We were fairly busy this past week, including shooting a wedding on Saturday, so I think I only exercised 5 days. I'm not complaining about 5 out 7 days, but I actually kind of missed it on the days I didn't exercise. That is evidence of the Holy Spirit's work in my life, because this girl has no motivation to exercise in and of herself. Also, shooting weddings should be in the exercise category of MyFitnessPal. I was pooped when it was over!
  • Shooting a wedding reminded me of one of the big reasons I want to lose weight. Being on my feet for the majority of 9 hours was painful for me. Over 300 pounds of weight on my feet is more than my body was designed for, and I'm looking forward to the day when I have a healthy amount of weight on my feet. I'm sure my feet are looking forward to that day as well. Poor things. Bless their hearts. Let's move on.
  • Oh, speaking of the wedding, I think you'll laugh when I tell you one of the items that was on the buffet: buffalo chicken dip! Seriously. I have never been to a wedding that served buffalo chicken dip. I had to laugh, because, as you know if you've been reading my blog, buffalo chicken dip is my one true weakness. I'm proud to report that I ate it. Ha! I think you thought I was going to tell you I had a noble moment where I resisted temptation. I didn't. I ate it. It was delicious.
  • Did I mention I shot a wedding Saturday? The wedding was for friends of ours, so they made sure we were able to eat (planning a wedding? make sure your photographers can eat). I thought I was doing really well. OK. Honestly, I thought I was doing sort of well. When I guesstimated and entered everything into MFP, I was shocked! I consumed over 1200 calories at that wedding, and I thought I was being fairly good. I didn't go back for seconds. I didn't go hog wild and eat everything in sight. And it was still over 1200 calories. That experience was very eye opening for me. I'm glad I took the time to log everything.
  • While I was logging everything from the wedding, Joseph was VERY amused. With each item I remembered eating, as I watched the total calories increase, I grew more and more exasperated ... and more and more animated. Finally, I shouted out, "I ATE THREE GRAPES!!" To which Joseph replied, in his best female actress in Steel Magnolias voice, "Oh, lordie!" I had to laugh. I'm thankful he keeps me grounded.
  • I lost 3.7 pounds this week, bringing my total weight lost up to 15.3 pounds and my current weight down to 308.3. Being under 300 pounds is getting closer and closer, and it feels great! The Lord has been very gracious to me.
One of the things that came up in my Bible study this past week is moving beyond conviction to action. That topic resonated with me. Doing something about my laziness and poor eating habits has been a source of conviction many, many times, but I've rarely taken any action to change. James, the brother of Christ, talked about being a hearer only of the Word and not a doer. He said not taking action is like looking intently into a mirror and walking away and forgetting what you look like (James 1:22-24). At many points in my life, I've done that literally. I have stared at myself in a mirror, pinching and jiggling fat, feeling convicted about my weight. Then I walked away and didn't do anything. I forgot what I saw in the mirror. I forgot the conviction I felt. I forgot what the Lord was doing in my heart, and I stuffed myself with whatever tasty food I was craving at the moment. I was a hearer of the Word and not a doer. 

I don't want that to be true of my life any more. I want to be a doer of the Word. Even in this area of sin in my life, one that has been a stronghold for probably 25 years. I know that's going to take walking in step with the Spirit so I don't gratify the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). For me, that is going to be a second by second walking in step with the Spirit. I'm so thankful He's there to walk with me and to enable me to make the right choices, to do the good things God has called me to (Philippians 2:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment