Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 5 Weigh-In

Overall, this past week has been pretty good. It included Fall for Greenville and a very quick trip to my hometown and back.

Fall for Greenville went better than I anticipated. I made sure to exercise that afternoon, and I knew how many calories I had left for the day when we arrived. I enjoyed lobster mac and cheese from 21 East, pimento cheeseburger sliders from, um, I'm totally blanking now, and a melt-in-your-mouth-oh-so-good mini pumpkin spice cupcake from The Chocolate Moose. I must have another one of those cupcakes before fall is over! I was pleased that I was able to enjoy the evening with Husby and still finish the day within my allotted calories.

During our quick trip to my hometown, we both faced a very strong temptation for real Chick-fil-a food, meaning salads weren't going to cut it. We calculated the calories and determined we could splurge. I ordered chicken tenders and fries (at least I didn't order a soda, too!). As soon as we drove away, I had Drive-Thru Remorse. I was going to call it DTR, and then I remembered DTR is already taken, which inspired me to write a post that will be coming soon: My DTR with Fast Food.

I lost 3.5 pounds this week, bringing my total weight lost up to 18.8 pounds and my current weight down to 304.8. Woo hoo! God is such a sweety! Being a tenth of a pound away from 10% of my total goal is pretty cool. Oh, that reminds me. I keep forgetting to mention that my weekly goal is 1% of my total weight. So far, I think I've met that goal each week.

During my Bible study today, God brought to my mind Romans 8:26-27: "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

In those moments when I'm feeling weak, when I want to do everything and anything but obey the Lord, the Holy Spirit is interceding for me. When I don't know what to pray because temptation is so strong, the Holy Spirit is praying for me according to God's will. That's a beautiful, powerful thing, and I'm convinced it's why I'm still on this journey after five weeks (about the time I would normally throw in the towel). There have been numerous times when I have stuck to our eating plan or exercised when I didn't feel like it, and I know it was the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me. I'm so grateful for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment