Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Numbers

I went to the Bariatric Clinic today for my first appointment. Overall, it went pretty well, and I'm feeling hopeful that I can reach my goal of a healthy weight.

**Side note: For those of you who think it's wrong to use weight loss medication, I challenge you to rethink your position. What if I told you I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and I found a doctor who could prescribe a medication that would cure me of the illness? It's very likely that you would encourage me to pursue treatment. Well, I do have a terminal illness: obesity. I need treatment before carrying around essentially what equals to a second person kills me.**

So, here are all the numbers as of this morning around 10:30:

286 - my weight in pounds. Hmmm ... I'm wondering if you just gasped because of my weight or because of the fact that I just posted my actual weight on the internet. I'll admit, I was pretty shocked when I heard the number. I had a ballpark estimate of my weight, but that number exceeded my estimate. Well, there's no point dwelling on the enormity of the number, or the fact that it immediately made me think of all the "fat people" in the before shots on Slim Fast commercials. I simply will acknowledge the number as my starting point for success and move on toward my goals.

49.1 - my BMI

53.9 - my percentage of fat

140/90 - my blood pressure that has started creeping up and up ...

20 - the number of fat grams I am allowed in a day

1200-1400 - the number of calories I am allowed in a day

80-100 - the number of ounces of water I must drink in a day

2000 - the maximum milligrams of salt I may consume in a day

5-7 - the number of days a week I must exercise for at least 30 minutes at a time

20 - My first goal: the number of pounds I would like to lose by the time Joseph and I leave for Montana on October 11th. I can do it!

2 - the number of Krispy Kreme donuts I ate as I drove away from the Bariatric Clinic ... Hey, this blog is all about honesty! I am a work in progress!! :O)

9/18/09 - the date of my next appointment at the Bariatric Clinic ... I can't wait to see how much progress I've made in 4 weeks! I should probably lay off the Krispy Kreme donuts ... hehe.

I covet your prayers and encouragement as I embark upon this journey! Thank you in advance!

~ Chubby Chelley ~

1 comment:

  1. Fair play, Rachelle!! I, too, have embarked upon my own "health finding" (aka weight loss) journey. I admire your honesty, and find it really refreshing!!

    Praying with/for you, that God would give you a supernatural strength, and that when the temptations are great, that His word would flood your heart and mind, and that His peace and stregth would overwash you so that you may stand strong - and flee the temptation!!

    Love you, girl!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete