Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Game On!

Joseph and I are starting the Game On Diet tomorrow. We'll be competing against our friends Matt and Crystal. I'm really excited!


If you'd like a thorough run through of the diet, you can go to http://www.thegameondiet.com/. Basically, we earn points for doing things like eating healthy meals (we're doing a different meal plan than the one outlined in the book), exercising at least 20 minutes daily, drinking 3 liters of water daily, breaking a bad habit, developing a good habit, and getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night. We can lose points for things such as unauthorized snacking or conspiring with another player (i.e. "If we both eat a brownie, it'll be OK."). The only time actual weight loss comes into play is for the weekly bonus. If you lose at least 1% of your total body weight, you can earn a lot of bonus points for the week. I'm really excited because this seems like a fun way to stay motivated, especially for competitive people like myself.


Joseph and I are already on the right track for a strong first week. During lunch today, we planned out our meals for the whole week. Then we went to the grocery store and purchased everything we would need. After that, we came back to my apartment and prepped everything. We portioned out some of our food to ensure we're eating a proper serving. Check out my refrigerator:


The grapes are counted out and in plastic containers so they're easy to toss into a lunchbox. The yogurt is already portioned out so that it just needs the frozen fruit added in the mornings.


The cheese and salsa are even portioned out into little cups so they're easy to toss into a lunchbox. (Lunches will include a southwest chicken wrap.)


Even the chicken for the wraps is portioned out into little baggies. :O)



I couldn't leave out a picture of the freezer. It looks so nice and organized! Joseph did that for me. He really is the BEST boyfriend EVER! I'm looking forward to doing this diet/game with him. I know he'll be a great partner.



This is us, totally excited about starting our diet/game. I'll keep you posted on how we do. Please keep us in your prayers as we make some much-needed changes in how we approach eating. Alrighty, I must go to bed in the next few minutes if I'm going to get in my 7 hours of sleep! Gotta get those points!!

No comments:

Post a Comment