Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 28, 2009

White Trash and Water

I am really struggling with the white trash in the kitchen.

HAHA! I knew that would get your attention!

White Trash is a snack/dessert that consists of Chex cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. You may know it as Puppy Chow. I’ve already had 2 servings of it! I threw my plate away to remove the immediate temptation of helping myself to a 3rd serving. Here’s hoping that actually works! I love that stuff!

Now, moving along from my temptation to my goal.

I’ve been struggling all week (insert my whole life) with drinking enough water each day. My goal is 80-100 ounces daily. Ultimately, I would like to hit the 100 ounce mark each day. One day, my work day was almost over, and I realized I had only consumed 4 ounces of water! That left a mere 96 ounces to consume before bed. Needless to say, I did not reach my goal that day! I haven’t reached it a single day this week.

I will reach it today!

I’m trying to break it down throughout the day:

20 ounces by 10:00
40 ounces by 12:00
60 ounces by 2:00
80 ounces by 4:00
100 ounces by bed

I put this plan together around 11:00, so I’m trying to get in 40 ounces within an hour. Hey, I can do it! I just have to make myself do it! Ah, I just finished off the first 20. Only 37 minutes left to finish 20 more! I’ll keep you posted! (Because I’m sure you’re on the edge of your seat wondering if I’ll meet my goal today!!)

**UPDATE** I finished 40 ounces by 11:56! I had 4 minutes to spare!!! Do you think I can finish 20 more by 2:00? I do!

**UPDATE** I finished 60 ounces by 1:57! Gotta go ... hehe ...

**UPDATE** I finished 80 ounced by 3:25!! Not to sound boastful, but I'm really proud of myself! I think I just needed to make drinking water a challenge - rather than just challenging. (Yes, I see a difference in those two things!)

I feel I must also confess: I had a 3rd serving of white trash. It was right there when I went to get my water out of the refrigerator, and I gave into the temptation. Sigh ... you win some, you lose some. :O)

**UPDATE** I did it! I got in the 100 ounces of water before I went to bed!! YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Just a random encouraging comment for ya, chica... With all this water intake you are probably visiting a certain location frequently. I am a big drinker as I am just always thirsty. I do want you to know that even though your intake will remain high, your visits will slow down as your body flushes bad stuff out of your body. I used to go about every 30 minutes but it is spaced out to about every 2 hours now and I drink more than 100oz of liquid (80% is water) a day!! You can do it my friend!!! Feel free to send the "white trash" my way. That stuff sounds delish!! Love ya girl and I am rooting for ya!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete