Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 20, 2009

One Bite at a Time

I've been on this journey more than once - the journey toward "a better me," "a healthier me," "a sexier me." Yes, I just said sexier. If you found that offensive, you may need to get over that. This blog will be a tad bit different from my other blog (rachelleville.blogspot.com). I plan just to shoot it straight and share how I'm feeling.

So why a blog for this journey? Because I need something different this time, something public. I also thought it might be helpful just to get it off my chest when I'm craving a whole box of Swiss Cake Rolls, the thought of going to the gym makes me angry, or I'm in tears because I can't button my jeans.

What led up to this point? My insatiable appetite and hunger. I got here one bite at a time. Some people have health problems or big bones. Not me. I just like to eat. I really like to eat. OK - I really, really like to eat. I always have. I've been chubby since I was a child.

I don't want to be chubby any longer. For many reasons:

1) Being so terribly overweight is dishonoring to God.
2) I'm starting to notice at the ripe young age of 28 that my weight is affecting my health.
3) One of these days, I want to wear a certain white dress, and I want to look HOT in it!
4) I'd like to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and still be able to carry on a conversation when I reach the top.
5) I'd like to be able to stand next to my gorgeous little sisters and not feel ginormous.
6) I really want the man of my dreams to be able to give me a piggyback ride some day ... and to be able to carry me across the threshold of our dream home.

There are more reasons. I'm sure I'll share them throughout this journey.

I'll also share my progress and my plan(s) of attack.

I became Chubby Chelle one bite at a time. I'm determined to lose the chub one bite at a time ... they'll just be healthier bites (with a Swiss Cake Roll here and there ... You don't really expect me to give those up, do you?).

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya girl! you can do it! after I give birth I will be on the same road!

    ReplyDelete