Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2: Start My Day with the Lord

On day 1, I acknowledged that my obesity is a spiritual issue. If I'm going to battle my obesity and fight for my health, I need to start each day with the Lord. He is the one who will win this battle for me. In fact, He's already won it for me. I just need to remind myself of that! I need to dig deep into His word and remember that I don't have to be enslaved to food. He has already freed me from slavery to sin.

If I'm going to have the strength throughout the day to resist temptation, I need to start the day with the Lord. Then I need to talk with Him throughout the day. I need to recall to mind Scripture that I've read (there won't be any to recall if I haven't read any!), and I need to ask for help from the Holy Spirit.

For other Christians who have fought, or are fighting, this battle with food, do you have any passages of Scripture that you turn to for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment