Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 7: Accountability

Day 6 was about a support system. Accountability is linked very closely to that support system. In addition to needing people who will encourage me, I need people who will help me see where I'm slipping. I need people who will ask me the tough questions, expecting answers. People who will ask me what I ate for breakfast (sadly, I started out with candy corn and peanuts this morning). People who will ask me how many times I went to the gym last week (twice? I think.). Then they'll take their questions a step further. When I answer that I ate candy corn and peanuts for breakfast, they'll ask me what changes I need to make so I'll make a better decision next time.

I've been afraid of accountability in the past, mostly because I didn't really want to give up my addiction. I hated it when I would ask someone to hold me accountable and the person had the nerve actually to do it. I tell ya. Some people.

I'm at a point now where I know I won't overcome this sin without accountability. Similar to my support system, I'm going to be praying about a couple of people who can hold me accountable. They need to be people I trust, people I know love me and are holding me accountable because they want me to be more like Christ.

Do you have people in your life who hold you accountable? What does that look like in your life?


Previous Days:

No comments:

Post a Comment