Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 10: Meal Planning

Meal planning is one of those things I know I need to do, but I am so lazy about it. I need to meal plan to save money for our family (currently just Husby and me), and I need to meal plan so I'm prepared to make good decisions.

When I know we're eating tacos for dinner, and I know I have all of the ingredients at home, I'm less likely to purchase some type of convenience food at the last minute.

I don't have a very good system in place for meal planning. It usually consists of me sitting down on Sunday and thinking of a few meals I know how to cook and I know we like. I need to take my meal planning a step further and think about the nutritional value of what I'm preparing. Also, I need to think through how leftovers of that meal will work out calorically (is that a word? spell check says no, but I'm keeping it anyway) with the new meal I would prepare the next day.

Do you meal plan? Do you have a good system in place? I'd love some pointers!

1 comment:

  1. You know I have been putting off doing a post on this subject because if I do it then I will feel as though I have to practice what I teach! I don't like that, but maybe I'll do it after all.

    ReplyDelete