Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3: Pray about My Weight Loss Regularly

I need to pray about my weight loss when I spend time with the Lord in the morning, but it doesn't need to stop there. I need to pray throughout the day, particularly when I'm faced with temptation.

For example: I'm standing in the kitchen with a chocolate chip cookie staring at me. I really want the chocolate chip cookie. Rather than just grabbing the cookie and gobbling it up (is anyone else craving a cookie now?), I stop and pray and ask God for wisdom about eating the cookie.

He may convict me on the spot and remind me that I don't need that cookie. He may help me realize that I'm not hungry, or I have a shiny apple two feet away, or a tall glass of water would hit the spot, etc. He may encourage me to walk away and find something to occupy my mind for a while (I'll talk more about that later). Or, He may give me a peace about eating the cookie. I bet you didn't think I'd say that, did you? I don't think there is anything wrong with eating a chocolate chip cookie. Eating a whole plate of chocolate chip cookies is where I have a problem!

Because I believe that God has already freed me from sin and given me power to walk in that freedom, I know He'll give me strength to resist temptation and wisdom to make good decisions. All I need to do is ask.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." ~ James 1:5

Previous posts in this series:

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think praying is important. I certainly pray about it often!

    ReplyDelete