Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 8: Food Journal

Most people who have been successful with weight loss will tell you they kept food journals. A food journal can be a very eye opening thing. "What? You mean I ate 4,000 calories today? I had no idea."

A food journal can also be a fairly simple thing. You could just write down what you ate. Sometimes, that's eye opening enough. Or you could write down the calories, fat grams, carbs, protein, etc. If you're trying to lose weight, that would probably be the most helpful.

I need to get into the habit of keeping a food journal again, and I need to use it as a tool for modifying my eating habits.

If you like all things digital, an excellent, free resource is My Fitness Pal. It has tons of foods already in its database, and you can add new ones. You can also track your exercise, weight, and measurements. There are mobile apps for smart phones as well, so you can track your food and exercise on the go.

Do you keep a food journal? What system do you use, paper or digital?


Previous Days:

No comments:

Post a Comment