Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 9: Why am I Eating?

This is a biggie. Why am I eating? If I would ask myself that every time I eat something, I'd probably start shedding pounds. Most of the time I eat isn't for nutrition.

I'm an emotional eater.

I'm sad. Oooh, I'm hungry. I bet ice cream will make me happy and not hungry.

I'm bored. Oooh, I'm hungry. Eating a bag of potato chips would give me something to do.

I'm angry. Oooh, I'm hungry. I could work out my aggression on some chicken wings.

See the pattern?

Why am I eating?

A simple question that could go a long way.

Why are you eating?


Previous Days:

2 comments:

  1. Emotional eating is the hardest habit to break! I struggle with it too. What I do (and it sounds silly but really helps!)is say aloud "I am eating this because I am ----(insert emotion here)." Hearing it out loud is a wake up call and I feel less inclined to follow through on the eating part of it.

    Best wishes on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, that's a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete